Saturday, May 21, 2011

Working In You That Which is Wellpleasing...

As of this coming Monday, I have only two months left in Germany! Its hard to believe that I've been here for eleven months! Its hard to believe that I'm leaving soon! As I look back on the time I have spent here I think of all the wonderful memories I've made from traveling, working, and meeting some wonderful people along the way.

But I also look back on the time I spent here with lots of regret for not using my free time better, to be honest, the computer is a major distraction and I have lots of regrets for spending *way* too much time on here. I know I would be much closer to the Lord if I had directed my time more wisely. So as I was thinking about lost time and how I felt like I would never be what God desires me to be since I'm so easily distracted, and so many sins sway me this way and that, I was reminded of Hebrews 13:20-21- "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." and also Philippians 2:13- "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure." These verses are such a huge encouragement to me because when I feel that God isn't working in my life or get discouraged at the slow progress I seem to be making spiritually, I am reminded that God works in us in spite of our failings and He is all-powerful to mold us into what He would desires us to be. The main job on our part is continuing to run towards Him. Its very simple but I really needed this reminder from the Lord.

I have to leave for Rome in a few minutes so I don't have time to write more but I hope to update again next week when I return. I am sooo pathetic, I can't believe I've only updated my blog about four times! *cringes* I have quite a few more things I need to write about including: turning 25, discovering white hairs on my head, a book I'm currently reading called "The Shallows," my trip to Israel, my dreams for the future, jobs I am seeking or not seeking, my remaining trips, favorite memories from travels, things I have learned, how I have changed, the gospel, running, and plans for this summer. So I will save that for next time if God continues to keep me breathing. May God shine His face upon you all, thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment